Terms & Conditions
- The contract for driving tuition/course is solely between the Client and the Instructor. The Client and the Instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons or course. No contractual liability shall arise or subsist between the Client and Class 1 Driving School Ltd.
- The Instructor will carry appropriate motor insurance covering the Client whilst driving the tuition vehicle when accompanied by an Instructor or a Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency Examiner. If the Client is using their own vehicle the appropriate insurance must be in place for that vehicle. The instructor will have appropriate public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- The Client agrees that they are duly licensed to drive the tuition vehicle. The Client will be asked by the Instructor to produce their driving licence at their first lesson or start of the course. Failure to provide this will result in cancellation of the lesson/course and the full lesson/course fee being charged.
- The Instructor reserves the right to refuse to give tuition if, in the opinion of the Instructor, it is considered that the Client is unfit to drive due to any reason, including but not limited to: being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, illness, injury, failing to wear glasses or contact lenses where these are required by law, wearing footwear or other clothing that would make driving hazardous. In these instances, the Instructor reserves the right to charge the Pupil the full cost of the lesson/course.
- The Instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the tuition vehicle for the purposes of taking a practical driving test if, in the opinion of the Instructor, this would best serve the Client’s interests. This includes, but is not limited to, a situation where the Client has disregarded the Instructor’s advice to reschedule their test.
- The Client agrees that it is their responsibility to provide all relevant documentation required when taking their theory and practical driving tests. Neither Class 1 Driving School Ltd or the Instructor accept any responsibility for any losses caused by failure to provide this documentation.
- The client agrees to refrain from smoking in the tuition vehicle at all times and refrains from consuming food or drink in the tuition vehicle without the prior consent of the instructor.
- Class 1 Driving School Ltd will, in line with the AA driving schools current cancellation policy, charge the FULL lesson/course fee if the client cancels with less than 48hrs notice.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.